Are you an applied statistician, econometrician, or data scientist who wants to apply your skills to see real-world results?
At EMI Consulting, our team works every day to translate complex research and data into actionable insights that help our clients further their clean energy goals.
In this position, you will conduct state-of-the-art, mixed-methods research and design and execute complex quantitative analyses. You will also provide groundbreaking insights that translate into strategic business decisions for our clients, helping them positively impact markets and develop new products and services.
As a Lead Quantitative Analyst, we’ll be looking to you for leadership in both the design and execution of quantitative research that supports our clients’ clean energy goals. Your typical day may include:
- Planning innovative research and evaluation studies
- Leading teams of junior researchers
- Designing sampling plans and quantitative analysis plans
- Managing complex datasets
- Leading complex data analysis tasks
- Creating compelling data visualizations to communicate complex results
- Developing and implementing quantitative analysis QA/QC procedures
- Interpreting key themes found in the research
- Integrating qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Communicating results in creative and visually-compelling ways
You have 2-4 years of experience conducting applied quantitative research and a strong academic background, preferably, an M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in data science, statistics, econometrics, or a related field from a top-ranked university. You have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of research methods and design, with expertise in regression modeling, simulation modeling, panel and treatment effects modeling, matching algorithms, discrete choice modeling, and forecasting.
You are also an expert with R, including specific experience in SQL, Python, and Tableau. Although most of your work will be quantitative in nature, you should have a strong understanding of how to effectively design and implement mixed-methods studies.
Experience with utilities and/or the clean energy sector is preferred, especially utility billing or advanced meter infrastructure (AMI) data.
THE CORE OF WHO WE ARE
We are a boutique research and consulting firm located in vibrant Downtown Seattle. As pioneers in the clean energy space for the last 20 years, we are known for our high quality of work and the passion for innovation we bring to each project.
We offer a competitive benefits package and are a cubicle-free, community-oriented workplace. Think white boards, Ping-Pong, sophisticated analytics, Macs, the occasional office dog, and a work-hard/play-hard mentality. As a team, we love the outdoors and try to take full advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest.
READY TO APPLY?
We review every resume we receive, and you will hear from us—yes or no—regardless of our decision. That’s just who we are.
If interested, please email email@example.com with the following materials:
- Cover letter; be bold, tell us something real about yourself
- Writing sample
- Example data analytics work project (if not covered in writing sample)
- Three references who can speak to your character as well as your accomplishments