TRC Advanced Energy (TRC), a nationally known consultancy, is seeking an experienced consultant to lead impact evaluation studies and advise clients on current and future savings from clean energy programs and policies. In addition to leading ongoing demand side management program impact evaluation work, this position will include driving efforts to help clients understand and measure impacts from the next generation of clean energy offerings.
When you join our team as a research manager, you will both lead projects and contribute to business development to help expand TRC’s clean energy impact-based and technical work. Aligned with TRC’s overall goal, your success will consist of leading efforts to assess emerging clean energy technologies and providing clients with methods to claim savings for current and new clean energy technologies and programs. You will use your experience in evaluating and/or implementing programs to train and mentor junior staff in impact evaluation methodologies and technical aspects of clean energy programs and policies. You will work closely with our entire team to connect the technical basis of clean energy programs and policies with our work in helping clients design, plan, and deliver exceptional clean energy offerings.
You will be joining our team at an exciting time, as we combine our long history supporting energy efficiency and demand response with teams focused on emerging tech, distributed energy resources, microgrids, storage, electrification, and resiliency. We are looking for a candidate who is excited to help chart this future with us.
The ideal candidate will be assertive, personable, and a self-starter, with the capacity to manage multiple tasks across multiple teams and who is not afraid to dive into new types of work. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and coordinate with internal technical team members and external customers. This position is a nationwide position. Remote working is currently in effect.
TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy research and evaluation. We strongly encourage that diverse candidates apply to this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and manage impact evaluations for utility demand side management programs.
- Oversee field work completed by partner field engineering teams.
- Advise clients on how to claim savings for current and new clean energy technologies and programs, bringing best practices from across the industry.
- Lead efforts to assess emerging clean energy technologies.
- Guide junior staff in ensuring that client databases accurately track energy savings information.
- Train and mentor junior staff in impact evaluation methodologies and technical aspects of clean energy programs.
- Work with our multi-disciplinary team to integrate the technical aspects of clean energy offerings with the human, economic, and programmatic aspects.
- Contribute to business development efforts to help expand TRC’s impact-based and technical work
- Explore ways to apply technical analysis and impact evaluation insights to the next generation of clean energy offerings.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD), with at least one degree in Engineering (Environmental, Electrical Mechanical Engineering, or Civil).
- Bachelors may be okay only if there is 6+ years of experience in our specific industry.
- Degree(s) in Business, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Environment, or other related fields may be okay with proven understanding of engineering principles.
- At least 5 years in utility energy efficiency or clean energy program evaluation or implementation. At least 2 years’ experience calculating energy savings from clean energy technologies and programs.
- You must be able to lead a research project, including managing scope, schedule and budget.
- You must also understand engineering principles of how building systems and appliances use energy.
- This role will require constant interactions with clients, so you must have strong communication skills and be comfortable advising them on how to calculate energy savings.
Nice to have:
- Education or experience in statistics, econometrics, or data science.
- Experience helping maintain or improve accuracy databases.
- Familiar with emerging technology research or assessment.
- Exceptional business acumen.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Click here to apply online.