EMI Consulting is a research and strategy consulting firm located in vibrant Seattle, Washington. We have been pioneers in the clean energy space for more than twenty years. We work across the country with electric and gas utilities that face considerable uncertainty in the changing energy landscape. We advise clients on business strategies related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, new and emerging market opportunities, and successful customer engagement, helping them to carve out a path toward the utility of the future. Our team of researchers has recognized expertise in energy policy, economic analysis,
qualitative and quantitative research, consumer decision-making, market analytics, technology assessment, and data analysis.
EMI is committed to promoting diversity and equity within the clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy research and evaluation. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to this internship.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
As a research and evaluation intern, you will work side-by-side with experienced consulting staff to learn about the energy efficiency industry, grow and learn new analytic skills that are key to research and evaluation, and engage in sophisticated research projects. No project is the same, and you’ll get exposure to lots of different types of work in a fast-paced. Your typical day may include:
- Recruiting for and conducting interviews with stakeholders
- Conducting literature reviews about energy-related topics
- Developing reports and presentations that communicate research results
- Conducting basic survey analysis
You will be working in a well-supported environment and will be paired with a mentor throughout the duration of your internship. Our goal for you is two-fold: to get meaningful professional experience in the clean energy space, and to contribute to the cutting-edge research EMI Consulting delivers to our clients.
- Timing: 30 – 40 hours per week; schedule will be mutually decided and agreed upon by you and EMI Consulting
- Internship length: 3-month term to start
- Pay scale: $20-$25 per hour, dependent on experience
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Remote for now. As COVID-19 safety precautions allow, there may be an opportunity to work in our beautiful office in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood
We are seeking a smart, curious team member with strong communication skills, who asks lots of questions, and is detail oriented. You should feel comfortable calling and emailing prospective study participants for interviews and surveys. You could be a recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program, or you could be a current student in a graduate or undergraduate program. If you have basic experience with research methods and are keen to learn more about the world of energy research and evaluation, this is a great opportunity for you.
HOW TO LET US KNOW ABOUT YOU
We’re excited to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials:
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Think about your background, coursework, and life experiences: how have they
shaped your professional goals?
- How is this internship relevant to those goals?
- How can EMI best support you during this internship?
- Writing sample
- Two references who can speak to your character
We will be reviewing applications through June 16, 2020