This position is located in Michigan, and is not an IT Project Manager role. The ideal applicant will serve as a manager of all day-to-day aspects of projects, including project teams, scope, schedule, budget, and communications on EMI programs.
EMI Consulting is a research and strategy consulting firm, headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We have been pioneers in the clean energy space for more than twenty years. We work across the country with electric and gas utilities that are faced with considerable uncertainty in the changing energy landscape. We are purpose-driven, helping our clients successfully navigate the transition to a clean energy economy. We advise them on business strategies related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, new and emerging market opportunities, and successful customer engagement, helping them to carve out a path toward the utility of the future. Our team of smart and innovative researchers has recognized expertise in energy policy, economic analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, consumer decision-making, market analytics, technology assessment, and data analysis.
This role manages complex, multi-year programs to successful completion supporting the scoping and framing of new projects, planning budgets and resources, building project teams, managing team dynamics and work productivity, and handling stakeholder communications. As a Project Manager, you will be reporting to the PMO Director and will be working closely with cross-functional teams of Subject Matter Experts, Economists, Engineers, Researchers, and Analysts in a distributed environment. The primary measurement of success will center on program results that are on budget, on time, within scope, and meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
- In collaboration with the Account Director and the Delivery Lead, develop project estimates for new and revised work including performing risk assessments, generating clear project strategy, goals and objectives, understand project scope, and track and communicate all out-of-scope items to the client.
- Review all major deliverables including project proposals and contract documents, ensuring project deliverables, budget, and schedule are agreed to by all internal stakeholders.
- Partner with delivery leads to keep projects on time, on budget, and in scope while achieving content quality by actively managing resources and progress against plan.
- Manage scope changes while balancing budget, quality, and client expectations.
- Along with the Account Director and the Delivery Lead, serve as the face of EMI Consulting on program delivery, providing day to day support to key client stakeholders.
- Work with subject matter experts from the Delivery Team to develop robust project plans that include communication protocols, risk mitigation strategies, timelines, and deliverable milestones.
- Coordinate and lead effective meetings, following up with documented notes and action items.
- Negotiate with other project managers over resources to staff projects. Proactively plan resources as project needs change.
Customer & Internal Communication
- Display extraordinary client service skills. Cultivate, strengthen, and deepen client relationships.
- In collaboration with the account management and delivery leadership, identify ways to improve project deliverables, anticipate needs, and offer solutions.
- Participate in all reviews (internal and external) and ensure client expectations are achieved.
- Communicate project issues and progress to the internal team and client.
- Ensure that goals, expectations, and work plans are clearly understood.
- Keep the project team and management up to date on project budgets, timelines, and deliverable expectations.
Desired Knowledge & Experience
- PMP certification or education from a PMI-accredited organization highly desired.
- An entrepreneurial, hands-on, high-energy style, but can stay calm under pressure.
- Appreciate and model the value of team collaboration and building effective people relationships.
- Demonstrate authentic, transparent, and effective style in written and verbal communication.
- Innovative thinker and problem-solver.
- Open-minded and willing to embrace diverse opinions and perspectives.
- Decisive, flexible, and collaborative leader with impeccable integrity.
- Experience working in a consulting or professional services environment highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to put client at ease and build trust.
- Organized and resourceful with great time management skills.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, design, marketing, or related 4-year degree.
- 3+ years of proven experience in various aspects of project / program management.
- 3+ years experience with project management tools.
- Experience successfully managing complex, high-budget programs and teams that deliver solutions on schedule, within budget constraints, and within scope while achieving the deliverable quality defined for the program.
- Skilled in a variety of project management practices, including resource management, scope definition, estimating, scheduling, budget management, and risk management.
- Track record of excellent follow through and accountability.
- Demonstrated team leadership and client engagement skills, ability to negotiate, persuade, present, influence others, and manage conflict to successful and productive conclusion.
Submit the following to email@example.com.
- Salary Expectations
- Cover letter; be bold, tell us something real about yourself