EMI Consulting is a research and strategy consulting firm, headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We have been pioneers in the clean energy space for more than twenty years. We work across the country with electric and gas utilities that are faced with considerable uncertainty in the changing energy landscape. We are purpose-driven, helping our clients successfully navigate the transition to a clean energy economy, advising them on business strategies related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, new and emerging market opportunities, and successful customer engagement. We help them carve out a path toward the utility of the future. Our team of smart and innovative researchers carry this same passion for the environment, and come to work ready to have an impact in the energy space. We value and embrace a safe, welcoming, and diverse environment, where ideas from many perspectives are encouraged and explored. If you thrive on opportunities to create growth for a small, multidisciplinary company, and are comfortable with the challenges that are part of the sales industry, then this is the role for you!
EMI Consulting is looking for a seasoned and proven Senior Sales Professional to fill a Sales Account Executive role reporting to our Head of Revenue. You will be responsible for selling EMI’s Professional Services to new and existing enterprise-level clients and must have proven ability to exceed targets.
To succeed in this role, you should be a self-motivated explorer and have success working with D/V/C-level clients while defining both business and technical objectives, requirements, and expected outcomes. The role includes prospecting, giving presentations, negotiating and closing deals, and developing strategic business relationships with large investor-owned utilities (single and multi-state), co-ops and municipalities, as well as their various stakeholder cohorts and partners.
- Secure new business opportunities by developing prospecting plans for new business and methodology for growing existing accounts.
- Identify regional market trends for communication and planning with internal stakeholder teams for future product enhancement and development.
- Successfully prospect and leverage relationships with top utility client decision-makers at organizations, ranging from small to mid-market and large IOU’s, in order to identify opportunities to sell our Professional Services.
- Create and foster strong, collaborative relationships with both existing and new clients, as well as internal EMI team members and partners.
- Work in a dynamic environment while maintaining focus and working independently to execute the sales cycle, coordinating members of the EMI team and/or partner network to assist with close, as needed.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive, internal and client-unique presentations while coordinating, as needed, internal resources to close contracts.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and pipeline reports.
- Manage multiple complex sales cycles while keeping accurate records.
- Understand and articulate EMI’s value proposition(s) in context of the client’s objectives, goals, and needs.
- Willing to travel on occasion.
- Other duties as identified/assigned.
- BS/BA in a relevant field or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 7-10 years of proven sales experience (preferably selling consulting services)
- Experience selling Research, Analytics, Customer Engagement/Experience, EM&V, Behavioral and Economic Analysis, Data Sciences and/or Strategy services to the Utility/Energy Sector
- Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals and quotas
- A proven track record in successfully prospecting, negotiating and closing strategic deals/partnerships with large brands and in new markets. An established list of contacts at the VP/CMO level and prior experience selling an emerging technology preferred
- Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully juggling a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Strong references (customer and work)
- Understanding of the complexity regulatory environments is a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage your own activities to reach stated goals while maintaining detailed records and forecasts highly preferred
- A high level of energy, highly self-motivated, and a passion for success highly preferred
- Exceptional client relationship skills, including superb written and oral communication skills
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter; be bold, tell us something real about yourself
- Salary expectations