TRC Advanced Energy (TRC), a nationally known consultancy, is seeking an experienced consultant to help lead clean energy program evaluation and market research studies. As a research lead, we’ll be looking to you to manage the execution of quantitative and qualitative research efforts, and manage interactions with clients throughout projects’ lifecycle.
When you join our team as a research lead, you will be the client-facing lead on a range of evaluation and research projects, with support from senior management. Your success will consist of helping identify how research and evaluation can support clients’ most pressing needs, and then translating study results into actionable findings. You will use your experience evaluating or implementing programs to train and mentor junior staff in evaluation methodologies and demand side program optimization. You will work closely with our entire multi-disciplinary team of economists, sociologist, planners, engineers, policy experts, data scientists and researchers to design, plan, and deliver exceptional clean energy offerings.
You will be joining our team at an exciting time, as we combine our long history supporting energy efficiency and demand response with teams focused on emerging tech, distributed energy resources, microgrids, storage, electrification, and resiliency. We are looking for a candidate who is excited to help chart this future with us.
The ideal candidate will be assertive, personable, and a self-starter, with the capacity to manage multiple tasks across multiple teams. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and coordinate with internal technical team members and external customers and who is not afraid to dive into new types of work. This position is a nationwide position. Remote working is currently in effect.
TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy research and evaluation. We strongly encourage that diverse candidates apply to this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and manage program evaluations for utility demand side management programs.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and how research can help them.
- Integrate mixed methods research results into clear, actionable findings.
- Present results to clients and help them understand how to implement changes based on our research.
- Train and oversee junior staff in implementing research studies.
- Present on areas of expertise at industry conferences, webinars, and other outlets.
- Consult to clients on topics such as policy changes, program design, and regulatory strategy.
- Contribute to proposals and other business development activities.
- Help identify and pursue opportunities to apply utility demand side management program expertise and research approaches to the next generation of clean energy offerings, such as distributed energy resources, electrical vehicles, microgrids, storage, and electrification.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred. Bachelors may be okay only with 5+ years of experience in our specific industry.
- At least 4 years of experience in utility energy efficiency or clean energy program evaluation or implementation.
- You must be able to lead team-based research projects, including managing scope, schedule and budget.
- You must have strong track record working with clients to communicate research methods and findings.
Nice to Have:
- Expertise and interest in DSM program net-to-gross and market effects.
- Facility with a mix of research methods. Research methodology expertise is helpful, but being able to integrate findings for clients from across a range of methods and data sources is key.
- Exceptional business acumen.
Eligible to work in the United States
Click here to apply online.