Are you an experienced researcher and consultant who wants to apply your skills to see real-world results?
At EMI Consulting, our team works every day to translate complex research and data into actionable insights that help our clients further their clean energy goals.
In this position, you will conduct state-of-the-art, mixed-methods research and design and execute rigorous, creative, and insightful primary research. You also will provide groundbreaking insights that translate into strategic decisions for our clients, helping them positively impact markets and develop new products and services.
As a Senior Consultant, we’ll be looking to you for leadership in both the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research. We want you to reveal the unexpected and propose groundbreaking programs and product offerings that push our clients forward. Your typical day may include:
- Planning innovative research and evaluation studies
- Leading and mentoring teams of junior researchers
- Designing effective survey and in-depth interview guides
- Programming and fielding complex surveys
- Leading in-depth interviewing efforts
- Analyzing quantitative data
- Leading qualitative coding and analysis efforts
- Conducting focus groups or ethnographic research
- Interpreting key themes found in the research
- Integrating qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Communicating results in creative and visually-compelling ways
- Managing the scope, schedule, and budget of evaluations and research studies
- Presenting results to clients and managing client relationships
You have 4-6 years of experience conducting applied quantitative and qualitative research and a strong academic background, preferably, an M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. from a top-ranked university. You have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of research methods and design, with expertise in observational research, descriptive and inferential statistics, content analysis, and the design and implementation of mixed-method studies.
Alternatively, you have a quantitative or engineering background that includes regression modeling, forecasting, and impact evaluation experience.
Experience with utilities and/or the clean energy sector is preferred, especially demand-side management program evaluation.
THE CORE OF WHO WE ARE
We are a boutique research and consulting firm located in vibrant Downtown Seattle. As pioneers in the clean energy space for the last 20 years, we are known for our high quality of work and the passion for innovation we bring to each project.
We offer a competitive benefits package and are a cubicle-free, community-oriented workplace. Think white boards, Ping-Pong, sophisticated analytics, Macs, the occasional office dog, and a work-hard/play-hard mentality. As a team, we love the outdoors and try to take full advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest.
READY TO APPLY?
We review every resume we receive, and you will hear from us—yes or no—regardless of our decision. That’s just who we are.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials:
- Cover letter; be bold, tell us something real about yourself
- Writing sample
- Three references who can speak to your character as well as your accomplishments